**Substitute Program Leaders must be available 5 days a week.
**Substitute Program Leaders work in a number of school districts within the Foothill Region, supporting the after-school program.
Job Summary: Program Leaders work directly with an assigned class of approximately 20-25 students, acting as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor. Program Leaders must have a genuine interest in the growth, development, and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students they teach. A program leader’s ability to establish authority through leadership, communication, and most importantly patience, will be required in giving our students the stability and nurturing atmosphere they need to succeed. Ensuring that THINK Together students reach their potential takes a tremendous amount of hard work, flexibility, and commitment. We are seeking positive, team oriented individuals who are passionate about making a difference!
4-18 Hours/Week - These are 3-4 hour shifts each afternoon you are available
MUST BE AVAILABLE between 1pm-6pm 5 days per week.
Description of Duties:
· Lead a group of approximately 20-25 students in an instructional setting, maintaining high standards for behavior and safety by implementing the THINK Together four core agreements:
1. Be responsible
2. Be respectful
3. Be ready
4. Have fun
· Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude.
· Provide homework assistance, academic enrichment and physical activity, using curriculum and materials provided by the program.
· Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging that kids want to be in.
· Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate.
· Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and assisting in creating lesson plans.
· Ensure student safety by assisting in set up, break down, and ongoing maintenance in an effort to keep the school or community site clean and orderly.
· Promote positive interactions between volunteers and students in accordance with child safety guidelines.
· Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students and volunteers.
· Identify student needs and communicate to Site Coordinator, teachers, school administration, parents, and volunteers as appropriate.
· Commit to a full-year program, demonstrated by arriving on-time, every day and completing time cards appropriately.
· Participate in staff development activities.
· Associate’s Degree / 48 college units or by passing a school district level Instructional Aide Test
· Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting
· Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting)
· TB Test
· At least six months experience working with a group of 10 or more students in a classroom, after school, or recreation environment
· Advanced Math and English skills (K – 8)
· Time management, planning, and organization skills
· Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
· Ability to influence and motivate others
· Ability to follow directions , but takes initiative when necessary
· Ability to establish authority
· Support our English-learner population by being bilingual (Spanish preferred)
To apply and learn more about the position please visit:
- Click on "Apply Now" and summit your application